I am sitting in front of her shelf. Some of the books on these seven shelves are mine, but there is no doubt that they are her bookshelves. I love her, and I love them. Made with my hands to hold a part of her soul. For when I look at these shelves, as I do every day, I see in the choices placed on these shelves a reflection of the incredibly complex and layered being that I am blessed to share my life with. Perhaps that is part of what this is about. Perhaps this is a wish, a desire to come even closer to that soul I feel I know so well, yet also feel I have only scratched the surface of.
Or maybe it's just that she has amazingly eclectic taste and somehow she chose shelf number four. It's a great shelf.
I'm going to read it right to left.
Book number one: Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures - Vincent Lam
No comments:
Post a Comment